Today My sweet boy you leave the preteen years behind and become a teenager. Time has moved far too quickly. But you will always be my baby boy.
Thirteen years ago everything I ever wanted in the world was delivered to me. I prayed and hoped my whole life that the doctors were wrong, that I would be a mom someday. That was the one thing I wanted more than anything was to be a mommy.
When they finally delivered you, the silence scared me so badly. I couldn’t breathe, the fear and tension was palpable in the room. And then the doctor swatted your booty. And you let out this great big cry and promptly peed right in the doctor’s face. That’s when we knew you have the temper and stubbornness that every red head in our family shares.
My life was complete.
You have not had a easy life. But each problem you have faced has honed you into the most amazing young man. I look at you and I am so proud of you. Your sense of humor does and will help you through so many things in life. Because as you have learned by now, life is no where close to being fair. But you can overcome anything life throws at you. With your sense of humor, your amazing mind and your need to figure things out you will be able to take on, master and grow from whatever life throws at you.
My advice to you is simple.
* Love the life you live… If you are unhappy where you are in life, change it.
*know that I will ALWAYS have your back… No matter what.
* Have Compassion for your fellow man… When you are blessed in life share that blessing with those that aren’t.
*Laugh… Laugh great big belly laughs, then laugh some more and so often. Laughter will help you through life’s trials and tribulations.
* Do not allow any negative drama and nonsense change the awesome human you are.
* Love. Son never be afraid to love others. Someday I wish for you that rare and amazing love that you deserve in life.
* Friendships. I don’t care if it is family or friends. If someone is holding you back, wearing you down, and being a weight of oppression on you…cut those people out of your life and DO NOT BE GUILT TRIPPED when you do.
* Be true to yourself. Do not live someone else’s idea for your life.
*And finally know that life is not fair. Some times life will screw you over many times. But you hold your head high and March through those times with the ferocity of an alpha predator.
I love you sweet boy of mine. I never could have fathomed the intensity and depths I would love you. I am so proud to be your mother!!!!
Happy Birthday My Boy!!!!